some optional add-in’s if you’re feeling creative. Kids love ‘em, and so do adults.
Whip up a batch of Easy Snack Bars this week and watch them disappear.
2 cups raw cashews
2 cups pitted medjool dates
–2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon zest
–2 tablespoons raw cacao and cacao nibs
–2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/4 cup dried cranberries
–1/4 cup flax seeds, hemp seeds or chia seeds
–1/4 cup raisins
–1 cup cashews and 1 cup almonds, instead of 2 cups cashews
–1/4 cup dried goji berries
1. Process cashews in food processor until they are well ground, (stop before they turn to butter). Add dates and process until the mixture sticks in a large ball.
2. Here’s where you can get creative and add some optional ingredients from the list, and mix again to combine.
3. Line an 8×12 baking dish with wax paper or parchment, and press dough firmly and evenly. Refrigerate for about 30 min to an hour.
4. Remove from fridge, and cut into bars, or roll into balls.
5. Store in the refrigerator in a glass container.
You can also freeze these.