This smoothie is a DYNS Team staple, and a great way to use extra zucchini from the garden. We all agree that it has a real kick, and is, well…unique. I love this combination of healthy fat from avocado, hydrating coconut water, and anti-inflammatory cinnamon. It’s perfect for your fall Nutritional Style.
2 cups of coconut water
1 medium size zucchini (leave the peel on if organic)
1 ripe avocado
A few fresh sprigs of mint to taste
20 drops Sweetleaf english toffee stevia (or use a 1/2 packet of regular stevia to taste)
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or several drops cinnamon essential oil (edible)
1. Add coconut water to the Vitamix
2. Chop zucchini into 2 inch pieces and add to Vitamix
3. Add avocado and blend on low speed, slowly increasing to the higher setting
4. When primary ingredients are blended, add mint, Stevia and cinnamon
5. Blend again until creamy
Some like it right away, others prefer it chilled (1 hour usually does it), and even frozen.
Top with shredded coconut, cacao nibs or berries
Garnish with fresh mint
Want to try this smoothie out in a brand new Vitamix? Be sure to enter the Launch with Benefits giveaway. Here’s how to grab your chance to win:
1. Order my book, Discover Your Nutritional Style
2. Email your receipt with subject line, “WINNER”, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more: http://www.hollithompson.com/2014/08/27/savvy-smoothies-dyns-style/#ixzz3D7ReMwiq
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.