Tricia Petzold, M.D.

Tricia Petzold, MD is an integrative family medicine physician involved in medical education at the University of Utah Medical School. She brings prevention into the traditional curriculum through her role as the Director of the Health Promotion & Integrative Health Pathway and the Culinary Medicine course. She has worked at the University of Utah Snowbird Medical Clinic and on the Snowbird Ski Patrol since 2002. After 18 years practicing acute care and emergency medicine, Dr. Petzold transitioned her practice to preventing and reversing chronic disease through integrative and functional medicine. She founded and practices at Pinnacle Health, based in Salt Lake City, Utah. By treating the whole person and using science, lifestyle, and culinary medicine, she helps her patients optimize their health, prevent, and reverse disease. She received her BA in Theology from Georgetown University and is a graduate of the Geisel school of Medicine at Dartmouth.

Dr. Petzold was introduced to Less Cancer by participating in the Split the Mitt fund raising bike ride in 2015. She felt connected to the mission and was impressed by the hard work and ethical way the organization acts to reduce cancer and chronic disease. As studies of the social determinants of health show that clinical care is only 20% of what provides optimal health, she is honored to be involved with Less Cancer where she can help contribute to the other 80%. She continues to organize a bike ride in Utah for Less Cancer’s Hike and Bike America annual event.